Summer is almost over here in the Pacific Northwest, but I’m still hanging on to every last drop of sunshine with this Traditional White Wine Sangria. Gather your leftover berries and stone fruit, snag an apple and some wine, and let’s make sangria!
I shared a recipe for Easy Traditional Red Sangria, and you all have loved that! It’s our go-to for hosting and one we enjoy over and over again. So it was due time to create a white wine version.
This recipe is simple, requiring just 8 ingredients, 1 pitcher, and 15 minutes to make. The only “special” ingredients it requires are a bottle of white Spanish table wine and apple brandy (brand recommendations included below!). Based on my research, this is a traditional blend of alcohol and wine that creates a crisp but boozy and irresistible sangria.
For fruit, I went with plenty of citrus, strawberry, nectarine, and apple. Of course, based on whatever season it is in your country, get creative! Anything that blends well with beverages would likely work here (think oranges, blackberries, figs, plums, and mango).
Sangria benefits from a bit of sweetness, and to keep things uncomplicated and pure in flavor, I went with organic cane sugar. But I know some of you avoid sugar, so try sweetening with a comparable amount of either powdered coconut sugar, maple syrup, agave, or stevia to taste.
All that’s left to do is muddle and then add the rest of the fruit and booze! This is the fun part.
Simply stir and serve over ice or frozen fruit. This can be made up to 24 hours in advance, which makes it ideal for making ahead for parties and gatherings.
I hope you all LOVE this sangria! It’s:
Pair this delicious sangria with just about anything spicy or Spanish/Mexican-inspired, like Quinoa & Vegetable Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms, Roasted Cauliflower Tacos with Chipotle Romesco, Garlicky Sweet Potato Noodle Pasta, Quinoa Taco Meat, or Butternut Squash Portobello Tacos!
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #minimalistabaker on Instagram. We’d love to see what you come up with. Cheers, friends!
Easy Traditional White Sangria
An easy, 8-ingredient (1-pitcher!) recipe for traditional white wine sangria. Brandy and wine recommendations included, and seasonally adaptable!
Author: Minimalist Baker
Recipe type: Beverage
Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Spanish-Inspired, Vegan
Serves: 6 glasses
- 1 lime, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1/4 cup (50 g) organic cane sugar (or sub agave, powdered coconut sugar, maple syrup, or stevia to taste // for drier sangria, omit)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) apple brandy (Laird’s Apple Jack brand) (or sub brandy, but apple brandy has a subtler apple flavor + smoother, gentler finish)
- 1/2 organic green apple (90 g), cored, skin on, chopped into small pieces
- 1 ripe peach or nectarine, thinly sliced (150 g)
- 1 cup (166 g) sliced strawberries
- 1 750 ml bottle dry, crisp white wine, chilled (I prefer white table wine from Spain (I liked Alianca brand!) but Sauvignon Blanc adds a nice complexity, and Pinot Grigio works, too)
- Ice or frozen berries for serving
- optional: Sparkling water
- optional: Fresh mint
- Add lime, lemon, and sugar (or other sweeteners) to a large pitcher and muddle with a muddler or wooden spoon for 45 seconds.
- Add apple brandy and muddle again to combine for 30 seconds. Add apple, nectarine, and strawberries and stir to incorporate. Then add wine and stir once more.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more sweetener of choice for sweetness, lemon or lime juice for acidity, or fruit. Stir to combine.
- Add ice or frozen berries and stir once more to chill. Serve as is or with a bit more ice and mint (optional). To dilute the mixture, top off glasses with a bit of sparkling water (optional).
- Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to 48 hours, though best when enjoyed within the first 1-2 days.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate for 1 of 6 servings calculated with a bottle of Pinot Grigio and 1/4 cup cane sugar.
Serving size: 1 glass (of 6) Calories: 281 Fat: 0.3 g Carbohydrates: 46.7 g Sugar: 32 g Sodium: 13 mg Fiber: 2.3 g Protein: 0.7 g