Just like the holiday offering at Williams Sonoma, these Copycat Sticky Paws taste even better than the original! Easy, quick, and so delicious – they’re perfect for gifting!
So I have a confession to make: I never visit Williams Sonoma.
It’s located smack-dab in the middle of all those obnoxious kiosks in the mall – you know, the ones where they try to shove skincare samples at you as you walk by? I generally avoid that section of the mall like the plague, and thus, I’m never in Williams Sonoma.
But a couple weeks ago, my sister and I were walking around the mall and happened to be down that area and walked in. I always forget how amazing everything looks and tastes there – when they brew mulling spices, I am drawn in like a moth to a freakin’ flame. Mulling spices are LIFE.
And on this special occasion, they were sampling their Sticky Paws. I hadn’t heard of these before, but once I took a bite, I was hooked! Basically, they’re a lot like my Polar Bear Paws recipe except there are two main differences: instead of peanuts, they’re made with almonds, and instead of white chocolate, it’s made with milk chocolate.
And now I can’t decide which “paw” recipe I like better!!
The almonds offer an amazing nutty sweetness to the gooey caramel filling, and I love the classic contrast of the buttery caramel and rich chocolate coating. The only thing I can suggest at this point is making both paw recipes to see for yourself!
However, since these Sticky Paws are just as good if not BETTER than the original Williams Sonoma version, I highly recommend saving the $20 to buy them by making them yourself! They’d be GREAT for gift-giving this holiday season… or just for hoarding yourself ?
Sticky Paws (Williams Sonoma Copycat)
Author: Hayley Parker, The Domestic Rebel
Recipe type: Candy
These Sticky Paws are the Williams Sonoma holiday copycat you can enjoy ALL year long! Only a few simple ingredients and about 30 minutes means you’ll have your own batch of delicious Sticky Paws in no time!
- One 11-oz bag Kraft caramel bits (or 11-oz bag caramel squares, unwrapped if using)
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 & ¼ cups natural, raw almonds
- One 16-oz pkg chocolate candy coating/almond bark
- In a large microwaveable bowl, combine the caramel bits (or squares if using), butter, and heavy cream. Microwave on HIGH power for 90 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth and melted. Stir in the almonds and let set for about 10-15 minutes to firm up.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a buttered spoon, drop heaping Tablespoonfuls of the caramel almond mixture onto the baking sheet, spaced about 1-2″ apart. Pop the caramel mounds in the freezer until firm, about 15-20 minutes. Caramel mounds will be firm enough when they will easily come off of the parchment paper.
- Melt the candy coating according to package directions or until smooth. Using a fork, dip each caramel mound into the chocolate, coating it completely. Allow excess to drip off the fork and return to the baking sheet. Repeat with remaining caramel mounds. Let chocolate harden before serving. PLEASE, let caramel come to ROOM TEMPERATURE before consuming!
Buttery caramel, nutty almonds and creamy milk chocolate equals a heavenly treat that’s perfect year-round!
Have a super sweet day!