Soft Peanut Butter Cookies – these easy peanut butter cookies are the BEST! The cookies are super soft and filled with peanut butter flavor. These will be your new favorite peanut butter cookies!
Chewy and Soft Peanut Butter Cookies
I bake a lot of cookies. And when I say a lot, I mean A LOT! I love creating new cookie recipes, but I also love baking the classics. Last weekend, I was in the mood for good old-fashioned peanut butter cookies so I made my favorite Soft Peanut Butter Cookies.
I’ve been making these peanut butter cookies for years and every time I make them I fall in love all over again. They are seriously the best peanut butter cookies. They are super soft, chewy, and have the perfect peanut butter flavor. If you are a peanut butter cookie fan, you will love this recipe for peanut butter cookies!
Peanut Butter Love
The recipe for these soft peanut butter cookies is simple and I bet you have all of the ingredients in your pantry right now. Unless you polished off your jar of peanut butter late last night like I did. I got carried away with the pretzels and peanut butter. It’s one of my favorite late night snacks and I have a hard time stopping once I start. Just like I can’t stop eating these peanut butter cookies once I start! They are so soft and chewy and practically melt in your mouth. I can never stop at one…or ten:) They are the BEST peanut butter cookies!
How to Make Peanut Butter Cookies:
- I use creamy peanut butter for these peanut butter cookies.
- Make sure your butter is soft, but not melted. If your butter is too warm the cookies will be flat.
- Make sure you really cream together the butter, peanut butter, and sugars. This will take about 2-3 minutes using a stand mixer on medium speed.
- Roll the cookies in sugar before baking to make them extra pretty!
- Don’t overbake the peanut butter cookies. Remove from the oven when they are set around the edges but still soft in the center, about 9-10 minutes. The cookies will finish baking as they cool on the baking sheet. You want the cookies to be soft!
- Store the peanut butter cookies in an airtight container on the counter for up to 4 days. To keep the cookies soft, place a piece of bread in the container. The bread will get hard but the cookies will stay soft. It is magic!
Peanut butter is on my grocery list today! I need to stock up so I can make another batch of these peanut butter cookies! They seriously are the best! And make sure you try my Peanut Butter Cookie S’mores! They are my favorite summer treat and a fun way to enjoy these perfect peanut butter cookies!
If you like Peanut Butter Cookies, you might also like:
Soft Peanut Butter Cookies
These peanut butter cookies are super soft and the BEST peanut butter cookies you will ever bake!
Yield: 2 dozen cookies
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 9 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Extra granulated sugar, for rolling cookies in, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer, cream the butter and peanut butter together until combined. Add the sugars and beat until creamy and smooth, about 3 minutes. Add in the egg and vanilla extract. Mix until combined.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add in the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- Take about 2 tablespoons of dough and form a cookie dough ball. Roll in granulated sugar, if desired. Place cookies on prepared baking sheet, about 2-inches apart.
- Bake the cookies for 9-10 minutes or until they are golden at the edges and just set. Don’t overbake, the cookies will set up as they cool. Remove pan from oven and let cookies cool on the baking sheet for 4-5 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely.
All images and text © .
Follow twopeasandpod on Instagram and show us what recipes you are making from our blog! Use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod! We want to see what you are making in your kitchen!