You’ve been asking for it since I posted a teaser on instagram a few weeks back… and here it is!! Pumpkin Cheesecake with Marshmallow Meringue.
By now you all know that I’m not the biggest pie fan when it comes to Thanksgiving desserts! I always want a little something extra and this Pumpkin Cheesecake with Marshmallow Meringue definitely qualifies as extra! It’s a really delicious pumpkin cheesecake layer that you could serve on it’s own but I’m all about that more is more lifestyle so naturally I piled it high with a marshmallow meringue that get’s slightly torched! It’s stunning. A true beauty. Star of the dessert show. People will bow down if you bring this Pumpkin Cheesecake as your Thanksgiving contribution!!
PS – are you thinking of putting this on your Thanksgiving menu? Check out the full What’s Gaby Cooking menu here along with the master prep schedule to keep things organized and on track!
Pumpkin Cheesecake with Marshmallow Meringue
- Preheat an oven to 350°F
- To make the crust, in a food processor, pulse the flour, walnuts, brown sugar and butter on low speed until combined, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Press the crust into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake until lightly browned, 10 to 12 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce the oven to 300°F.
- To make the filling, in the bowl of a cleaned out food processor, pulse the cream cheese and brown sugar until smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the pumpkin puree, vanilla and spices and beat until smooth, about 1 minute. Add the eggs one at a time, pulsing after each addition.
- Wrap a double layer of aluminum foil around the bottom and sides of the springform pan. Add the filling and smooth the top. Place in the center of a roasting pan. Pour hot water into the roasting pan to reach halfway up the sides of the springform pan. Bake until the cheesecake is firm but jiggles slightly in the center, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Let cool in the water bath before topping with the meringue. The cheesecake can be refrigerated overnight.
- To make the meringue, in a saucepan, bring 1 inch of water to a simmer. Place the egg whites, brown sugar, agave and vanilla bean seeds in a stand mixer bowl and set over but not touching the simmering water. Whisk until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is hot, about 2 minutes. Place the bowl on the mixer and beat with the whisk attachment on high speed until the meringue cools to room temperature and stiff peaks form, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Lightly pat the cheesecake with a paper towel to remove moisture. Mound the meringue on top, using a pastry spatula to spread it to the edges, it should be quite tall. Using a spoon, create mountains and swoops of meringue around the surface. Lightly brown with a kitchen torch. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 6 hours. Serves 8 to 12.