Oreo fans, rejoice! These Oreo Cookies & Cream Magic Bars are fudgy, thick, soft & chewy and PACKED with Oreo goodness in one easy bar!
It’s official: I’m back with a vengeance.
I know I took my brief hiatus, but I am so ready to be blogging again! Book writing takes up a LOT of time, but I love it – that will always be my passion! However, at the risk of sounding like a mushy blob, I missed you guys. And frankly (I never thought I’d say this), I am SO OVER CHRISTMAS! (My third book is a Christmas book, if you didn’t know).
Seriously, my office looks like St. Nick himself threw up a winter wonderland and then a tornado destroyed it. Christmas candy everywhere, rogue ornaments, a messy pile of tangled Christmas lights, and so much red & green I want to scream.
This is really weird for me and I’m low-key having an identity crisis because I am a Christmas FREAK. I love it. I listen to Christmas music in July sometimes, and I spend all year brainstorming perfect present ideas and daring myself to put up my decorations the day after Halloween.
But like… me planning for Christmas since Halloween 2017 leading into actual Christmas 2017 plus three additional months of Christmas 2018 before actual Christmas 2018… and I’m a *little* burnt out. So I’m embracing springy recipes and such, including these (admittedly season-less) Oreo Cookies & Cream Magic Bars!
I don’t know why I never bake with Oreos, but it’s time I changed that! These bars are so soft and chewy with a fudgy, gooey filling made of Oreos, chocolate chips, white chocolate, Hershey’s cookies & cream candy bars, and the crown jewel: sweetened condensed milk. I swear, that stuff is liquid GOLD.
The result is an easy, impressive, and most importantly – a decadent magic bar you can’t miss!
- One box chocolate cake mix
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 15 Double-Stuf Oreos, roughly chopped
- 4 Hershey’s Cookies & Cream candy bars, roughly chopped
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- One 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13×9″ rectangular baking pan with foil, extending the sides of the foil over the edges of the pan. Spray the foil liberally with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, melted butter, and egg with a rubber spatula until a soft but thick dough forms. Press the dough evenly into the prepared pan and bake for 12 minutes. Remove from the oven, but keep the oven on.
- Immediately top the crust evenly with the chopped Oreo cookies, the candy bars, and both types of chocolate chips. Drizzle the sweetened condensed milk evenly over the bars. Return to the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes until set and bubbly. Cool completely before cutting into bars.
Gooey, soft and chewy bites of heaven! You’ll love these!
Have a super sweet day!