Karepan (Japanese Curry Grilled Cheese)
Prep Time:5 minutes Cook Time:10 minutes Total Time:15 minutes Servings: 1
A crispy grilled cheese sandwich stuffed with Japanese style dry curry and plenty of melted cheese!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 slices bread
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Japanese dry curry (warm)
- 1 teaspoon pickled red ginger (optional)
- Heat a pan over medium heat.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread before placing one slice, butter side down, into the pan, top with half of the cheese, the curry, pickled ginger, the remaining cheese and finally the other slice of bread with buttered side up.
- Grill until golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted, about 2-4 minutes per side.
Option: Use your favourite melty cheese! (Mozzarella, swiss, monterey jack, etc.)