Guacamole Bacon Burgers are grilled to juicy perfection, and topped with guacamole, bacon, lettuce, tomato, and cheese! The ULTIMATE burger!
This is a SUPER savory, filling burger recipe! It’s a meat-eaters dream dinner and has so many favorites in one dish: burger, bacon, AND guacamole. Yum, yum, and YUM!
Guacamole Bacon Burgers are a summer favorite and are sure to make everyone at the table feel extra special. This recipe is also super easy to double or triple if you’re feeding a crowd! It’s the perfect burger for Memorial Day, Father’s Day, the 4th of July, Labor Day, or any day! You can’t go wrong with this loaded burger.
Bring on the Bacon
Bacon and burgers, a dream combo! Josh and the boys LOVE bacon burgers.
You can cook your bacon however you like. We love making bacon in the oven because it’s less mess, fast, and serves up perfect and crispy bacon! Line a sheet pan with foil and place the bacon in a single layer with no overlapping. Bake it at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes before transferring to a paper towel-lined plate!
You can also cook the bacon on the stove top in a skillet, microwave it, or cook it on the grill! Cook to your desired doneness and try not to eat it all, you need to save the crispy strips for the burgers. Trust me, it’s worth the wait:)
Our Favorite Guacamole
Here is the Best Guacamole recipe and crucial topping for the burgers! Sure, you can buy it at the grocery store, but you can’t beat a fresh batch of homemade guacamole.
Use some for the burgers, and if there is any left, get out your favorite tortilla chips and start dipping!
How to Make Guacamole Bacon Burgers
Let’s fire up that grill and make the best burgers of the summer!
- Start with ground beef in a medium-sized bowl. Add seasonings: garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Stir it until combined. You can use a wooden spoon or spatula, or just get in there with your (clean) hands!
- Divide the beef into 4 portions and pat it into patties that are about ½-inch thick. Set them on a plate and get the grill ready! We’ll be working with medium heat.
- Put the patties directly onto the hot grill and let them cook 3-5 minutes before flipping with a spatula. 3-5 more minutes on that side and they’re perfect! Beef is done cooking when the internal temp is 160˚F.
- If you want cheese on your burger, and I think you do, add it for the last 1-2 minutes so it has a chance to melt. Josh likes Pepper Jack, but Monterey Jack or Cheddar would be good too!
- Place the buns (I like to butter them before they go on the grill!) with the insides facing down on the grill. They’ll only need a minute or so to get a perfect toasty texture!
- Now for the fun: assembling burgers! Top the buns with lettuce, burger patties, tomato slices, guacamole, and bacon.
- Take a BIG bite and enter burger heaven!
It doesn’t get more classic than burgers on a summer night! I love getting everyone’s favorite summertime BBQ sides assembled. All of these go great with burgers!
More Grilled Favorites
- 4 hamburger buns
- Softened butter, for toasting burger buns
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 4 slices Pepper Jack cheese
- Tomato slices
- 8 slices bacon, cooked to your preference
Generously butter the insides of the hamburger buns with softened butter. Set aside.
Place the ground beef in a medium bowl. Add the garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Stir until combined.
Divide the seasoned beef into 4 portions and form patties that are about ½-inch thick.
Preheat the grill to medium heat. Place the beef patties directly on the hot grill. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes and flip with a spatula. Cook for 3 to 5 more minutes, applying the cheese slices the last 1 to 2 minutes so it can melt. The internal temperature of beef should be 160˚F.
Place the buns, buttered side down, on the grill and grill until toasted, about 1 minute. Remove from the grill.
To assemble the burgers, top the bottom of the buns with lettuce. Add the burger patties, tomato slices, guacamole, and bacon. Add the bun tops. Serve immediately.
Guacamole Bacon Burger
Amount Per Serving
Calories 672 Calories from Fat 432
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 19g95%
Vitamin A 301IU6%
Vitamin C 1mg1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Photos by Dishing Out Health
Thanks for Sharing!
If you make this recipe, please leave a star rating and comment below! You can also share a picture on Instagram! Tag @twopeasandpod and use the hashtag #twopeasandtheirpod.