Ground Chicken Tacos – What’s Gaby Cooking
Taco night has been a weekly occurrence for me since I was a kid. So it’s no wonder that I come up with various taco recipes on a regular basis. Today… Ground Chicken Tacos with the best taco meat ever.
It’s been on my meal prep list for the past few months and it’s one of the first things to go every week. It can be as simple as whipping up the ground chicken taco meat, charring some of your favorite tortillas and serving it up with a few kinds of cheese, salsa and guacamole so you can DIY the perfect taco. Simple right? And so good that it will work for adults and kids. No one is going to be disappointed.
And while I’ve been making this recipe and using it in tacos for the past few months, you could also make this ground chicken mixture, ditch the taco fixings, and use it as needed. You could put it into a rice/quinoa taco bowl. Use it in this southwestern lasagna. Throw it on top of your taco salad. Skies the limit. It’s all about the taco seasoning and trust me, you guys are going to want to make this on a weekly basis.
- 1 recipe homemade taco seasoning
- 1 pound ground chicken (or ground turkey)
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- Freshly shredded cheddar
- Freshly shredded Monterey jack
- And any other taco fixins you prefer.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the ground meat and sauté for 5 minutes and break it up with the back of a wooden spoon. Add all the taco seasoning and stir to combine. Continue to cook the ground meat and break it down with the back of a wooden spoon until it’s fully cooked and no pink remains.
- Once cooked, add 2 tablespoons of water and reduce to a simmer. Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve as taco meat with tortillas, shredded cheese, salsa, and any other taco fixings you prefer.