You know those recipes that are so quick and easy but COMPLETELY satisfying!! This Garlic Brussels Sprouts Pasta is exactly that!
We’re knee deep in the holiday season. It’s been Thanksgiving on the blog for the last week or so and I am ready to celebrate. There are some elaborate dinner parties in my very near future and that means on the nights when I’m not entertaining, I need something that’s quick, delicious and still a crowd pleaser. This Garlic Sauce Pasta with Brussels Sprouts fits the bill perfectly.
The base is a garlic butter sauce made with none other than Land O Lakes® Unsalted Butter. It’s my butter of choice always and forever. And I say that with certainty as I’ve taste tested my way through various butters all through culinary, pastry school and well into my recent years. I opted for the unsalted butter on this recipe because I like to add the salt at the end… but you could easily use the salted version and just slightly cut back on additional salt added! Your call. I like to make things easy for you guys!!
After you have the garlic infused butter sauce rocking and rolling, you need some charred brussels, your favorite kind of pasta and then it all gets tossed together with some cheese. I stock mozzarella at all times, but you could easily do cheddar, havarti, swiss, parmesan… you make the call! Once it’s all together…. get into it! You won’t be disappointed, and I promise it will be a staple on the dinner table for the rest of the season.
Garlic Brussels Sprouts Pasta
- 1 recipe garlic butter (recipe below)
- 1 tablespoon Land O Lakes® Unsalted Butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, halved or quartered as needed
- 10 ounces of pasta
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup Land O Lakes® Unsalted Butter
- 6 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 lemon, zested
For the garlic butter
- Heat the Land O Lakes® Unsalted Butter over medium heat in a skillet. Once hot, add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds until fragrant. Remove from the heat, add the red pepper flakes and lemon zest. Stir to combine. Let sit at room temperature.
- In a large skillet, add the butter and olive oil over medium heat. Add the shredded Brussels sprouts and sauté until golden brown, about 5-8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and add the garlic butter sauce and mozzarella to the pasta with the Brussels sprouts. Toss to combine and melt the cheese. Adjust salt and pepper as needed. Serve immediately.