Melt-in-the mouth pastry and sweet tender apples are a match made in heaven
- 375 g/13oz block dessert pastry
- flour , for dusting
- 3.0 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 50.0g butter
- vanilla ice cream , to serve
- 3 eating apples , peeled, cored and halved, then each half thinly sliced
- icing sugar , to serve (optional)
- 2.0 tbsp ground almonds
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. On a lightly floured surface, roll the pastry out to a rectangle about the size of this magazine and trim the edges to neaten. Place the pastry on a baking sheet and scatter with the almonds and 1 tbsp sugar. Score perforated lines to make 6 equal-size sections (this will make the tart easier to cut). Arrange each half of apple, sliced, in its own section of pastry. Can be made up to this stage the night before, covered with cling film and chilled in the fridge.
- Scatter the remaining sugar over the apples, dot with butter, then bake for 50-55 mins until the pastry is biscuity brown and the apples are tinged and soft. Cut the tart into 6 squares, dust with icing sugar, if you like, and serve hot with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
(Visited 2 times, 1 visits today)