This Creamy Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe is a healthy dinner recipe that’s easy enough for any day of the week! It’s made in the pressure cooker which means BIG flavour and quick cooking. Loaded with vegetables and easily made dairy free or vegetarian. Includes step by step recipe video.
If you hang out on Instagram much, you know that January is Instant Pot month here. After 9 months off it sitting in the cupboard and me avoiding it, I gave it a permanent spot on the counter and am determined to figure out what is so special about this beast. This Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup was one of the first things I made!
I started out with some ridiculously easy recipes (like these Instant Pot Baked Potatoes!), and I’m slowly working on making some of my favourite TRR recipes into Instant Pot recipes, too. I would love to hear what your favourite things to make are or some recipes you’d like to see here next!
It has been cold here this January.
We’re talking -35, -40 degrees Celsius with the windchill. Things have finally started to mellow out a bit, but for the first couple weeks all I wanted was giant bowls of comfort food. What’s better than chicken noodle soup?
I have one other chicken noodle soup recipe on The Recipe Rebel — also a creamy slow cooker version (you can see it here, but be prepared because the photos badly need updating!), and it was really time to add another.
There isn’t much difference in the ingredients here, but this recipe doesn’t take 8 hours ?
I think soups and stews are one of the easiest things to make in the Instant Pot if you’re just starting out. They’re going to have enough liquid that it will easily come to pressure and you won’t get that concerning “burn” message flashing on the screen, and you can get that “slaved-all-day” flavour in just 5-10 minutes.
I’ve got some important tips and a few different cooking options for this recipe, so be sure to give a read through the tips and the recipe instructions before beginning!
Tips and Tricks for Making this Creamy Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup:
- You can add the chicken fresh or frozen to the Instant Pot and it won’t really make a difference in cooking time. Frozen chicken breasts slice really easily, which is a plus if it was one of those days where you forgot to take anything out for supper ahead of time!
- You can easily mix up the veggies and add peppers, mushrooms, etc. — whatever suits your fancy! You can even leave out the chicken and made it a vegetarian noodle soup.
- To make this soup dairy-free, simply leave out the milk. If you want to thicken it slightly, you can do so but substituting the milk with an additional cup of broth and corn starch.
- To make this soup gluten-free, simply use gluten-free pasta.
- If you are using a large cut of pasta or whole grain pasta, your veggies may get quite soft in the last step. You can try cooking the pasta before adding to the soup or adding them with the vegetables and chicken in the first step (4-5 minutes cook time is plenty for pasta)