Chimichurri Grilled Steak
Prep Time:10 minutes Marinate Time:12 hours Cook Time:10 minutes Total Time:20 minutes Servings: 6
A quick and easy marinated flank steak that is perfectly grilled, sliced thinly and served topped with a tasty chimichurri!
- 2 pound flank steak
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice (~1 orange)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (~1 lime)
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chimichurri (or avocado chimichurri)
- Marinate the steak in the mixture of the oil, orange juice, lime juice, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper overnight.
- Grill over medium-high heat until cooked to the desired level of doneness, about 2-5 minutes per side, before removing from heat, letting it rest for 5 minutes and slicing it thinly, against the grain.
- Enjoy topped with chimichurri.
Option: Use skirt steak, striploin, rib eye, etc.
Option: Baste the steak with the chimichurri as it cooks.
Option: Broil the steak or pan fry it in a heavy bottomed skillet over medium-high heat.