Meet the Spanish Tapas Board! You all know how much I love a cheese board – so in honor of my Paella Party, I threw together something a little more Spanish themed with ALL THE THINGS! You’ll be obsessed.
I mean… what better way to start off a party that with an epic Spanish Tapas Board! This one is Spanish themed, obviously and loaded with Tomato Confit, Green Harissa, toasted crostini, marinated artichokes (that you literally just take from a can, drain and toss with olive oil, red wine vinegar and garlic), plenty of Marcona almonds, a few kinds of olives, sliced Jamon and Spicy Chorizo and some Manchego or other spanish cheeses you find. It’s perfect.
Also – just a heads up – if you have any leftover Harissa – that stuff is FANTASTIC on top of a pile of paella. Just saying. Check out the Paella Party details here for the full menu and lots of inspiration!
- Tomato Confit + Green Harissa (recipes below)
- 1 baguette, thinly sliced and toasted with olive oil
- Marinated artichokes (from a can, drained and tossed with olive oil, red wine vinegar and garlic)
- Marcona almonds
- 2-3 kinds of olives
- Manchego or other spanish cheese
- 1 jalapeño
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- ½ cup almonds
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoons freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- water as needed
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup good quality olive oil
- 1 pinch saffron (about 20 threads)
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Combine everything in a food processor and whirl for 2 minutes until smooth. Add a few teaspoons of water if you need to smooth it out. It should be pesto consistency.
- In a medium skillet, place the tomatoes and olive oil over medium high heat. Add the saffron and season with salt and pepper. Give the mixture a stir to combine.
- Once the oil starts to get hot, and the tomatoes start to blister, reduce the heat to medium low and let simmer for 60 minutes. Stirring every 10 minutes.
- After 60 minutes, the tomatoes should be falling apart. Remove them from the heat and let cool in the skillet for about 20 minutes before serving. Adjust salt and pepper before serving if desired.
- Combine everything on a large serving platter or board and serve.
For the Harissa
For the Tomato Confit