So, confession time: I never had crinkle cookies until I was an adult!
Clearly, my childhood had some severe issues.
There’s a local cookie shop and I’m lowkey obsessed with their cookies, specifically their old-fashioned sugar cookie. It’s damn good, people. But I never looked twice at their crackle cookie, which looks like a humble crinkle cookie. One, I’m not a huge chocolate person, and like I said, I am a huge fan of the old-fashioned sugar.
But my friend convinced me that I HAD to try the crinkle cookie. She said it was almost like a brownie on the inside with a crisp yet soft cookie on the outside. Intrigued, I tried one… and you guys. It’s my new fave!
Since my cookie addiction is not conducive with saving money, I figured I had to make my own cookie recipe that rivaled their version… and I did it!
These Chocolate Crinkle Cookies are the ULTIMATE crinkle cookie. Extra crinkly-ness, lots of fudgy goodness, and crisp outer edges with a soft and gooey middle. They are seriously like the cross between a fudge brownie and a cookie – perfect in every way!
The best part is that these cookies couldn’t be easier to make, and they require ZERO chill time! (Score!) When fridges are full during the holidays, the last thing we need is a giant bowl of dough taking up time for hours to chill, right? All ya need to do is let the dough sit and relax for 10 minutes for it to firm up. That’s it! You can sacrifice 10 minutes for these; I promise they’re worth it!
What makes these cookies extra chocolaty and rich? Rodelle’s Baking Cocoa. This cocoa is Dutch-processed for superior rich flavor, and it contains one of the highest levels of cocoa butter on the market, making it extra chocolaty!
Combined with their Pure Vanilla Extract, which offers a rich, warm, aromatic flavor to all baked goods, it’s just perfect. As you know, I’m a Rodelle ambassador this year and I seriously love their products – the quality is impeccable, and you can truly taste the difference!
Now get to baking, because these cookies are begging to be tasted!
*recipe slightly adapted from America’s Test Kitchen
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- One (4 oz) bittersweet chocolate baking bar, roughly chopped
- 1 & ½ cups brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp Rodelle Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp instant espresso powder, optional but recommended
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup Rodelle Baking Cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- Pinch salt
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone liners; set aside briefly.
- In a medium microwaveable bowl, combine the butter and chopped chocolate bar. Microwave for 30 seconds, stirring until melted and smooth (you may need to microwave an additional 15-20 seconds). Cool for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the brown sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and espresso powder with the paddle attachment until combined. Pour in the melted chocolate and beat to combine. Lastly, add in the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and mix on low speed until combined. Batter will be thick and sticky. Let set at room temperature undisturbed for 10 minutes until thickened.
- Place the confectioners’ sugar in a small bowl. Drop rounded Tablespoonfuls of dough into the confectioners’ sugar and roll the ball of dough around to fully coat. Place 1-2″ apart on the baking sheets. Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes, rotating pans halfway through baking time to ensure even baking. Cookies may appear slightly underdone in the center; this is okay as they will continue to set up as they cool. Cool completely on the baking sheets to set before serving.
Supremely fudgy, gooey and ULTRA chocolaty! You will LOVE these crinkle cookies!
Have a super sweet day!
In the interest of full disclosure, I am a brand ambassador for Rodelle. I was compensated for this post, but all opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that keep my blog alive!