Grilled Avocado Street Corn: it’s going to be my summer side dish of choice! (and ps – there’s a giveaway at the end!)
I’ve never met someone who loves street corn quite as much as my best friend Matt. The minute we were done shooting these he took all of them, added extra mayo, extra lime and extra salt (he’s my spirit animal) and devoured a few within the blink of an eye. It was basically the crowning moment of my week. I love it when my recipes hit the spot and people go to town. As a chef, there is seriously no better feeling.
This particular street corn is light-years ahead of the rest for many reasons:
1: KRAFT Avocado Oil Mayo gives you that extra avocado flavor and ya’ll know I live for an avocado moment. Plus this new variety of KRAFT Mayo delivers the delicious taste of Mayo and is made with avocado oil that contains 232 mg of Omega-3 ALA in every serving. AVOCADO GUYS!!! This is EVERYTHING. It’s better for you which means we can have more Grilled Avocado Street Corn in our lives!!
2: Bacon. It’s the right thing to do. Crisp up a piece of bacon and either crumble it or chop it into basically bacon dust and then sprinkle it on top.
3: Chives. If you’ve been a long time reader of WGC, you’re aware of my love for chives. They are the best herbs to finish a dish in my humble opinion!! With all the summer BBQ’s ahead, bookmark this recipe and then get ready for everyone to be obsessed.
Pretty awesome right?!? Now here’s your change to win that super sexy grill pan you always see on my snaps + insta stories! All you have to do is make this life-changing summer friendly recipe, post a pic on instagram, tag @whatsgabycookin in the pic + in the caption and you’re entered to win! It’s perfect to make this corn if you don’t have or don’t want to fire up an outside grill!
Grilled Avocado Street Corn
- Vegetable oil, for brushing
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- 8 ears of corn, husks on
- 1/2 cup KRAFT Avocado Oil Mayo
- ½ cup crumbled cotija cheese
- Fresh chives, super thinly sliced
- Lime wedges for serving
- Prepare a charcoal grill or heat a gas grill to high. Brush grill grate with oil. Carefully peel back the husks and tie at the end to use to hold the corn for later use.
- Brush the corn with vegetable oil and grill, turning occasionally with tongs, until cooked through and lightly charred, about 10 minutes. Remove from grill and immediately brush each ear with equal amounts of the Kraft Avocado Mayonnaise. Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon of cotija and a pinch of chile pepper and chopped chives. Squeeze 1 lime wedge over each ear and serve.
Disclosure: Photo by Matt Armendariz / Food Styling by Adam Pearson / Recipe by What’s Gaby Cooking