This COOKIES AND CREAM POPCORN made with white chocolate and oreos is SO easy and delicious! The perfect sweet snack for tailgating, parties, or just a simple dessert at home. Salty and sweet for the win!
Can you believe I’ve never posted just a simple and fun popcorn recipe on The Cookie Rookie??! What have I been thinking? We are a family that LOVES netflix, binge watching our favorite shows, and going to movies. Popcorn is a big part of that equation. A fun snack while enjoying the boob tube is a MUST! Our favorite fun popcorn recipe lately has been this COOKIES AND CREAM POPCORN. It’s one of the few recipes that Pat requests time and time again, and that just warms my heart! I feel silly even making a full post on it, because it’s THAT EASY. It’s simply popping some corn, coating in white chocolate, and sprinkling with crushed cookies. Is this real life?!
Every time we make this we make an extra large batch and keep some in an airtight container for snacking throughout the week. Something about the simple flavors of cookies and cream just keeps me coming back for more. For a slightly healthier version you could use almond bark, and its equally as delicious! You could switch things up with other chocolate flavors, or different cookie varieties…the sky is the limit! This is a fun recipe to play with and make just perfect for your family and friends.
I love to make this Cookies and Cream Popcorn with my sweet niece and nephew, ages 4 and 2. They love to help and its simple enough that they can take part. Fun Aunt Becky for the win! You guys know I’m always looking for ways to butter those two up so that they want to keep coming over and loving on us. They’re the cutest.
I hope you love this fun Cookies and Cream Popcorn as much as we do! Fire up that Netflix and get to snacking!
Becky Hardin | The Cookie Rookie
Cookies and Cream Popcorn
5 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1 bag microwave popcorn
- 2 tsp. canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips (or almond bark), plus more for garnish
- 10 oreos, crushed into small pieces
- Prepare popcorn according to package instructions. Pour into a large bowl and set aside.
- Heat oil and white chocolate in a small microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds at a time. Stir in between until fully melted and creamy. It should take between 1 – 1 1/2 minutes.
- Pour the white chocolate over the popcorn and use a large spoon or spatula to stir all the popcorn until fully coated. It doesn’t have to be perfect, you just want it as coated as possible.
- Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick spray. Pour the popcorn over the baking sheet while still wet. Sprinkle with the crushed oreos and extra white chocolate chips.
- Place in the fridge for approx. 20 minutes or until the chocolate has hardened.
- Use a spatula to remove the popcorn from the baking sheet and pour into an airtight container until ready to snack.