These 7 Layer Magic Bars are made with a graham cracker base, chocolate chips, nuts, coconut and sweetened condensed milk – they are the perfect mix of gooey, crunchy, sweet and salty and they are so easy! Includes step by step recipe video
Recipe first shared on RecipeGirl.
Friends. Have you tried these before?!?
I mean, I feel like everyone has a recipe for magic bars from their childhood and it’s that one that is so easy to throw together and it’s always a hit. But maybe some of you have been living without?
I will admit, I don’t make these 7 Layer Magic Bars often. But only because I tend to forget about those recipes that are right in front of my face – you know?!?
I’m always on the hunt for the next coolest thing or some crazy new flavor combination, and I forget about those tried and true recipes for classics like this one.
Luckily for you, here we are.
These Magic Bars are pretty much the easiest form of baking there is. The most difficult part is stirring together the crust and pressing it into the pan. Then it’s just dump, sprinkle, spread and pour over the sweetened condensed milk and bake.
What comes out of the oven is this magically delicious, gooey, caramel-y, chocolate-y concoction that is completely irresistible. Feel free to mix up the types of nuts, chips (chocolate or otherwise) and baking crumbs (try chocolate for a change!) to suit your own tastes!
Watch the recipe video and see how easy they are to make!
Seven Layer Magic Bars
These 7 Layer Magic Bars are made with a graham cracker base, chocolate chips, nuts, coconut and sweetened condensed milk – they are the perfect mix of gooey, crunchy, sweet and salty and they are so easy!
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped nuts (I used hazelnuts and pecans)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 (300ml/14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, line a 9×13″ pan with tin foil and grease lightly.
- In a medium bowl, combine melted butter and graham cracker crumbs. Press evenly into the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle evenly with coconut, nuts, chocolate chips and white chocolate chips, and drizzle with sweetened condensed milk.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes until light golden brown (not too dark at the edges). Let cool completely before slicing.
Recipe adapted from Eagle Brand Condensed Milk.