The BEST cauliflower pizza crust — so flavorful and surprisingly easy to make. Low carb, nutritious, fiber & protein packed. Topped the crust with whatever your heart desires. You’re going to be making this again and again!
Remember when cauliflower came onto the food scene a few years back? Now it’s become so popular that it’s hard to find a restaurant that doesn’t have roasted cauliflower on their menu. It’s even mainstream enough that Trader Joe’s makes cauliflower rice AND cauliflower pizza crust (have you tried it?).
Abra, AK brand manager & the veggie loving queen she is, even likes to put frozen cauliflower in her morning smoothies. YOU CRAZY ‘BRA (that’s her nickname.)
Look I was skeptical about cauliflower on everything for a long time until I made this bomb ass cauliflower pizza crust that blew my mind and made me sink into a deep happy pizza coma. It was a good day.
I messed with traditional ratios of the plethora of cauliflower pizza crust recipes on the internet, and came up with my own. It’s perfect in every way. Cheesy, garlicky, crispy, chewy, AND JUST SO GOOD.
Trust me when I saw I know that making your own cauliflower pizza crust might seem daunting, but I assure you it isn’t at all. The crust is actually fairly easy to make and FUN too! And because I wanted to make sure you guys got step by step instructions, I’m even including a video on how to make this delicious cauliflower pizza crust plus photos.
First get your big old cauliflower head.
Chop into florets and put it into your food processor. Pulse until it resembles rice or couscous. You may need to pulse it in batches.
Next steam it or microwave it. You do you. I’ve got instructions for both in the recipe below.
Wait til it cools so you don’t burn your hand like I did. Very important step here people.
Once cool enough to handle, take a clean dishtowel or cheese cloth and put the steam cauliflower ‘rice’ into the middle, wrap the dishtowel around it. Squeeze all the water out. It will look weird like the photo above.
I MEAN ALL THE WATER. You’re gonna get an arm workout here.
Good job. Now place the cauliflower in a large bowl and add cheeses, coconut flour, egg, spices and salt. Mix it well. It’s going to be wet.
Dump that ball onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spread it out with your hands (just press out) and leave a 1/4 inch thickness. NOW BAKE IT.
NOW TOP IT with anything your heart desires. AND BAKE AGAIN until that cheese melts and becomes perfectly bubbly. Cheese bubbles, I love you.
CUT INTO SLICES and enjoy!
If the pictures don’t work for you, you can check out this video to see how to make it and don’t forget to share with your family and friends!
If you make this recipe, leave a comment below and be sure to rate it. If you’re on Instagram, be sure to snap a photo and tag #ambitiouskitchen so I can see your creation.
How to Make the Best Cauliflower Pizza Crust
Author: Monique of AmbitiousKitchen.com
- Serving size: 2 slices
- Calories: 224
- Fat: 10.6g
- Saturated fat: 6.5g
- Carbohydrates: 14.3g
- Sugar: 3.8g
- Fiber: 5.3g
- Protein: 17.9g
Recipe type: Grain Free, Gluten Free, Pizza
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 ½ tablespoons coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- For topping:
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Any other toppings your heart desires
- Put ½ of the cauliflower florets into bowl of food processor, pulse until it resembles rice (about 30 seconds). Transfer into a large bowl and place other ½ of florets into food processor to repeat above.
- Microwave pulsed cauliflower for 5 minutes OR add all to a pot with 1 inch of water and bring to a boil to let it cook for 5 minutes with a lid on. Alternatively, you can also steam the cauliflower.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet or pizza pan with parchment paper.
- Let cauliflower cool for 15 minutes. Once cool enough to handle, transfer cauliflower to a clean dish towel or cheesecloth. Squeeze of excess moisture — make sure to do this until virtually no water comes out and the cauliflower is dry This is very important to the success of the recipe.
- Next transfer cauliflower pulp to a large bowl and add in egg, mozzarella, parmesan, coconut flour, garlic powder, oregano, salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stir to combine and form a soft dough.
- Place dough in the middle of the prepared pan and push out with your hands to form a 9-10 inch circle, with about ¼ inch dough thickness.
- Bake for 20 minutes until crust is firm and slightly golden brown. Remove from oven, then top with pizza sauce and cheese (or whatever your heart desires). Bake for 5-10 more minutes until cheese is melted, then turn broiler on for 1-2 minutes to get cheese nice and golden brown and bubbly. Make sure to watch carefully!
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes minutes before cutting into 8 slices and serving. Serves 4, 2 slices each.
You can freeze this pizza too. After baking the crusts, you can wrap each in foil and freeze for later. Just simply bake the frozen pizza at 425 degrees F until the cheese is melted and bubbly.