Chunky Shrimp Guacamole is easy to make, and ready in minutes!
Always a hit with whoever we serve it to, this guac is perfect as an appetizer, or just for everyday lunches and snacks! With the option to pan fry your shrimp OR use pre-cooked shrimp, either way you will love this Chunky Shrimp Guacamole recipe!
If you’ve been following Cafe Delites for a while now, you may remember this Shrimp Guacamole Salad I made you guys a couple of years ago. Wanting to reshoot it for so long, I instead opted to give you all my mother’s famous Chunky Shrimp Guacamole instead!
How good does this look anyway?!
Now, there are a few options here to make it your own.
First Option: serve the guac straight after mixing all of the ingredients through together, just enough to combine all of the flavours together, as shown below ↓
Second Option: mixing them through until the avocado becomes mashed through the dressing naturally, like so ↓
Third Option: mashing the avocado with a fork until creamy! We didn’t quite make it to that stage to show you an image, with a table full of hungry editors!
Chunky Shrimp Guacamole
Chunky Shrimp Guacamole is easy to make, ready in minutes and always a hit with all of your guests! Serve as an appetiser, or as a salad!
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice, or lime juice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pound (500 grams) shrimp, no shell and no tails (raw or pre cooked is fine)
- 4 large ripe avocados, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1/2 a medium red onion, peeled and diced
- 1 cup diced grape tomatoes (or cherry or Roma tomatoes)
- 1-2 large jalapeños stemmed, seeded and finely-diced (adjust the amount to your spice preference)
- 1/2 red pepper (capsicum) deseeded and chopped (OPTIONAL)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, or lime juice
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil (OPTIONAL)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro, or parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, or more to taste
- 1/3 teaspoon ground cumin
- Cracked black pepper, to taste
Combine shrimp together with the lemon (or lime juice), minced garlic and salt and pepper, to taste.
If using raw shrimp: fry in a hot pan until cooked through (about 2-3 minutes per side). Transfer to a salad bowl.
If using pre-cooked shrimp: you can do the first step right in the salad bowl. No need to cook them again.
Add the avocados, onion, tomatoes, jalapeños and red peppers (if using). Drizzle with the lemon (or lime) juice, olive oil (If using), cilantro (or parsley), salt cumin and pepper.
Toss gently until evenly mixed through. For a creamier guac, continue mixing until reaching your desired consistency. For a mashed guac, feel free to smash the avocado with a fork, until reaching desired texture. (When doing this, we like to leave some avocado chunks in there.)
Taste and season with extra salt if needed, or an extra squeeze of lemon juice. Serve immediately with chips or veggie sticks for dipping.
© 2017 CAFE DELITES. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.