I’m all about the appetizer situation at any party and this Cheesy Artichoke Dip is my new go-to!
Normally I’m a chips and guacamole kinda girl, but this fall season I’m going for a more seasonal approach with Cheesy Artichoke Dip and toasted Naan Bread for serving. It’s loaded with tons of flavors from onions to garlic, parmesan cheese, LOADS of artichoke hearts, Gruyere, Fontina, and some breadcrumbs to give it a bit of a bite. I mean, hello… it’s everything you’ve ever wanted in life and more. Then add to that some toasted Naan on the side and it’s a recipe for success.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 (14-ounce) cans artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- ½ cup shredded Gruyère cheese
- ½ cup shredded Fontina cheese
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Toasted Stonefire Naan Bread for serving
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. When it foams, add onion and garlic, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, and cook until onion and garlic are beginning to turn brown in color, about 6 minutes. Stir in flour and cook stirring constantly until no longer raw tasting, about 1 minute.
- Sprinkle in 3/4 cup of the Parmesan, pour in cream, and stir to incorporate. Add artichoke hearts, sour cream, and 1/2 cup of the Gruyère and fontina and stir until cheese begins to melt.
- Evenly spread the mixture in the skillet so it’s in a uniform layer and top with remaining Parmesan, Gruyère, Fontina and the panko. Bake until heated through, bubbling on the edges, and the cheese is melted, about 30 to 35 minutes. Let rest 5 minutes. Serve with Stonefire Naan for dunking.